Experiments with bleach

Here are the results of some experiments with bleach, which I found strangely satisfying. I daubed a black paper napkin with bleach and watched the colour slowly change. I had read about turning paper into a leather-like material by scrunching up with oil and then flattening, so I had a go. I then decided to have a go at machine-stitching over the surface and then destroyed it a bit more my screwing it up into a ball a few more times. The resulting material had a chamois fell to it and I look forward to experimenting more with this technique. I then experimented with bleach on a piece of red tissue paper, resulting in a lovely marbled effect.

20120313-162845.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: